Broccoli Crescent Appetizers Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 8 fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli. Cover and cook for 5 minutes; drain.
- 2. In another small saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in the flour, salt, oregano and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted.
- 3. Separate crescent dough into four triangles; cut each in half, forming two triangles. Press each triangle into an ungreased miniature muffin cup, with corners of dough extending over the edge.
- 4. Spoon a rounded teaspoonful of cheese sauce into each cup. Top with a broccoli floret. Fold corners of dough over broccoli (filling will be visible). Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 appetizers.
1 each: 80 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Crescent Appetizers
"Haven't made them yet - and I will because they sound awesome! Just a bit confused - said it had cream cheese filling, but none in the ingredient list. Typo on 'cream' (should be 'creamy') or omission on ingredients?"
"Wow! What a fantastic appetizer recipe! Creating Baskets filled with a Cheese Sauce, topped with a Broccoli Floret open to view through the Handles of the Baskets. Wow, again! Tasty and pretty to serve. It will show your guests how honored you are to be serving them today!"