Broccoli Crescent Appetizers Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 8 fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli. Cover and cook for 5 minutes; drain.
- 2. In another small saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in the flour, salt, oregano and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted.
- 3. Separate crescent dough into four triangles; cut each in half, forming two triangles. Press each triangle into an ungreased miniature muffin cup, with corners of dough extending over the edge.
- 4. Spoon a rounded teaspoonful of cheese sauce into each cup. Top with a broccoli floret. Fold corners of dough over broccoli (filling will be visible). Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 appetizers.
1 appetizer (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat cheese) equals 80 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.