Broccoli Crab Bisque Recipe
- 1 cup sliced leeks (white portion only)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the leeks, mushrooms and broccoli in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the flour, thyme, pepper and bay leaf; mix well. Stir in broth and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Add the cheese and crab; stir until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 191 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 532 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Crab Bisque
"I doubled the recipe & used 1 whole leek, omitted the mushrooms & added some shrimp to it. I would make this again the family loved it and it was very simple to make"