Broccoli Corn Stuffing Recipe
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing croutons, divided
- 1. In a skillet, saute the onion in 1 tablespoon butter. In a bowl, combine the corn, broccoli, egg, salt if desired and pepper; mix well. Add the onion mixture and 3/4 cup of croutons. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Melt the remaining butter; toss with remaining croutons. Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with 1/4 cup egg substitute and without salt) equals 302 calories, 11 g fat 96 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 1,054 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.