Broccoli Corn Muffins
In Cabazon, California, Dona Hamilton dresses up convenient corn bread mix with broccoli and cheese to make these savory muffins. They're good with any meal and a tasty way to get youngsters to eat their veggies.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl, stir all ingredients just until combined. Fill greased
- muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes
- or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before
- removing from pans. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 121 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.