Broccoli Corn Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes, divided
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs (about 2 slices), divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of cornflake crumbs and 1/3 cup bread crumbs. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons butter and toss to coat; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the corn, broccoli, eggs, onion, salt, pepper and the remaining cornflakes, bread crumbs and butter.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 283 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 938 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Corn Casserole
"Pretty side dish. Next time I would add some cheese for added flavor."
"Made this for a covered dish dinner. It was not a favorite. Very dry, and we thought too many crumbs (cornflakes & breadcrumbs) that seemed to make it so dry and pasty. Will not make this again."