Broccoli Corn Casserole
Here's a wonderful vegetable dish that's a little different. Try it and see if your family likes it as much as mine does.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes, divided
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs (about 2 slices), divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of cornflake crumbs and 1/3 cup
- bread crumbs. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons butter and toss to coat;
- set aside. In a large bowl, combine the corn, broccoli, eggs, onion,
- salt, pepper and the remaining cornflakes, bread crumbs and butter.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved
- crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until
- a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 283 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 938 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.