Broccoli Corn Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes, divided
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs (about 2 slices), divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of cornflake crumbs and 1/3 cup bread crumbs. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons butter and toss to coat; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the corn, broccoli, eggs, onion, salt, pepper and the remaining cornflakes, bread crumbs and butter.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 283 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 938mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Corn Casserole
"I've made this for Thanksgiving and Christmas for at least 7 years. It's become a family favorite. I originally found the recipe here when I was looking for a dairy free holiday side dish (my daughter is highly allergic to milk). I use a milk-free margarine in place of the butter and it is still very tasty."
"Pretty side dish. Next time I would add some cheese for added flavor."
"Made this for a covered dish dinner. It was not a favorite. Very dry, and we thought too many crumbs (cornflakes & breadcrumbs) that seemed to make it so dry and pasty. Will not make this again."