Broccoli Corn Bread
I finally discovered a way to get my family to eat more broccoli by tucking it into corn bread. This bread has a slightly sweet taste that completely hides the broccoli.Nila Towler, Baird, Texas
12-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add cottage cheese, broccoli, onion, 6
- tablespoons butter and muffin mix; beat well. Pour remaining butter
- into a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; pour batter into skillet. Bake at
- 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Cut into wedges and
- serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 143 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.