Broccoli Corn Bread Recipe
I finally discovered a way to get my family to eat more broccoli by tucking it into corn bread. This bread has a slightly sweet taste that completely hides the broccoli.—Nila Towler, Baird, Texas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1. In a bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add cottage cheese, broccoli, onion, 6 tablespoons butter and muffin mix; beat well. Pour remaining butter into a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; pour batter into skillet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Cut into wedges and serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 143 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Corn Bread
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2010
"Make sure the broccoli is very well drained"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC