I finally discovered a way to get my family to eat more broccoli by tucking it into corn bread. This bread has a slightly sweet taste that completely hides the broccoli.—Nila Towler, Baird, Texas
Recommended: 60 Sneaky Ways to Eat More Vegetables
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add cottage cheese, broccoli, onion, 6 tablespoons butter and muffin mix; beat well. Pour remaining butter into a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; pour batter into skillet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Cut into wedges and serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Corn Bread in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p14
Reviews for Broccoli Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2010
"Make sure the broccoli is very well drained"