I finally discovered a way to get my family to eat more broccoli by tucking it into corn bread. This bread has a slightly sweet taste that completely hides the broccoli.—Nila Towler, Baird, Texas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add cottage cheese, broccoli, onion, 6 tablespoons butter and muffin mix; beat well. Pour remaining butter into a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; pour batter into skillet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Cut into wedges and serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Corn Bread in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p14
Reviews for Broccoli Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2010
"Make sure the broccoli is very well drained"