- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir into vegetable mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Chowder
Sort By :
"Easy to make, good flavor. We added about one cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese. Next time I will use half the amount of pepper."
"Just made this soup again for supper. It is my go to broccoli soup recipe. Easy and we love it. Only thing I do differently is omit the salt and nutmeg and I use an ordinary onion. Delicious!!!"
"Really liked this recipe. Great to freeze and reheat too."
"Very yummy! Creamy the way I like broccoli soup."