Broccoli Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 8 minutes or until lightly browned and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry the broccoli, red pepper, water chestnuts, snow peas, onion and garlic for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Return chicken to the pan; sprinkle with Chinese Five spice. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1-1/2 cups chicken mixture with 1 cup rice) equals 459 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 504 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Broccoli Chicken Stir-Fry
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer