- 1/2 medium spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and pepper flakes until smooth; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and soy sauce. Place cornstarch in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with cornstarch. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil in batches until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve with stir-fry. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Chicken Stir-Fry for Two in Simple & Delicious
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Broccoli Chicken Stir-Fry for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2011
i tripled the recipe to accommodate my family and served rice. my kids loved it
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >