- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and soy sauce. Place cornstarch in
- another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with
- cornstarch. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil in
- batches until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands.
- Serve with stir-fry. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup chicken mixture with 1 cup squash equals 501 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 1,308 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer