- 1/2 medium spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and pepper flakes until smooth; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and soy sauce. Place cornstarch in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with cornstarch. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil in batches until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve with stir-fry. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Chicken Stir-Fry for Two in Simple & Delicious
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Broccoli Chicken Stir-Fry for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2011
"i tripled the recipe to accommodate my family and served rice. my kids loved it"