You’re only 25 minutes away from a comforting, cheesy veggie-and-chicken dish that the whole family will love! And since it’s all in one skillet, cleanup is a breeze. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, broccoli, carrots and onion in oil for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Stir in the soup, stuffing mix, milk, raisins and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Before adding cheese, cool casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before reheating. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil; bake 20-30 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Chicken Skillet in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p12
Reviews for Broccoli Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review