Broccoli-Chicken Rice Soup
I transformed leftover chicken and rice into this tasty soup. It even passed the company test. —Karen Reed, Middletown, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a Dutch oven, combine milk, broth and dressing mix; bring to a
- boil. Add broccoli; cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in process cheese until melted. Add rice and chicken; heat
- through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/2 quarts).