- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a Dutch oven, combine milk, broth and dressing mix; bring to a boil. Add broccoli; cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in process cheese until melted. Add rice and chicken; heat through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Broccoli-Chicken Rice Soup
"Did not really like this. Very bland. Not sure what we did wrong. I can never make cheese soup though. :("
"I loved the idea of usnig up things that I usually have. i did use 2% milk and reduced calorie Veveeta to save some calories, but have to say this was really easy, quick and delish."
"This is quite tasty and easy to make. The Ranch mix gives it a nice flavor. I added extra broccoli, which made it nice and hardy."