Broccoli Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/3 cups julienned fully cooked ham, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese and broccoli; heat through.
- 2. Spread 1/2 cup broccoli mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, a third of the remaining broccoli mixture, 1 cup ham and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Top with three noodles, half the remaining broccoli mixture, all the chicken and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Top with remaining noodles, broccoli mixture and ham.
- 3. Cover and bake 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 326 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Broccoli Chicken Lasagna
"Make more sauce. There wasn't enough to cover. I made this also without the ham."
"I don't care for mushrooms so substituted water chestnuts. Loved the taste. I think I would also try this with a different vegetable blend and maybe different cheeses for variety, though I love broccoli and Monterey Jack or CoJack cheese."
"This was an excellent recipe. I also used steamed fresh broccoli, fat free milk & fat free cheese to lighten it up. I will definitely be making this again!!"
"I would make this again! My husband raved over this! I likes it a lot also! the only thing I owuld do diffrent is maybe add a can of cream of celery or mushroom and maybe a half a can of milk as I thought the noodles sucked up a lot of the liquid and made it a bit dry. Other than that great flavor. I also used fresh broccoli and added a few extra mushrooms because I had that leftover from the weekend and didnt want to waste fresh mushrooms."
"This recipe takes a little extra prep work, but is worth it! It has a great flavor and my family loves it!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.