As a working mother with four children, I often prepare casseroles. This lasagna recipe doesn't have tomato sauce—just lots of chicken, ham and cheese.—Dawn Owens, Palatka, Florida
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/3 cups julienned fully cooked ham, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese and broccoli; heat through.
- Spread 1/2 cup broccoli mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, a third of the remaining broccoli mixture, 1 cup ham and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Top with three noodles, half the remaining broccoli mixture, all the chicken and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Top with remaining noodles, broccoli mixture and ham.
- Cover and bake 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Chicken Lasagna in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p161
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Broccoli Chicken Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review