Broccoli Chicken Casserole
“I came across this recipe when I was in high school, and it’s been a family favorite ever since,” says Sharie Blevins of Chisholm, Minnesota. “Basil gives this casserole wonderful flavor. No one will know it’s good for them!”
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and place in a
- large bowl. Add the chicken, broccoli and onion. In a small bowl,
- combine the soup, milk, cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over
- chicken mixture and stir until combined.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with
- paprika if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 284 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 489 mg sodium,