Broccoli Chicken Casserole
"All ages really seem to go for this comforting, scrumptious meal-in-one," notes Jenn Schlachter in Big Rock, Illinois. "It takes just a handful of ingredients and minutes to put together. I’ve found that adding dried cranberries to the stuffing mix also adds flavor and color!"
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix.
- Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, layer chicken and broccoli in a greased 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish. Top with soup. Fluff stuffing with a fork; spoon over
- soup. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 315 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,025 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.