Broccoli Chicken Braid Recipe
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise. Unroll both tubes of crescent roll dough into one long rectangle. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Roll into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Spoon chicken mixture down center third of dough.
- 2. On each long side, cut eight strips about 3-1/2 in. into the center. bring one strip from each side over filling and pinch ends to seal; repeat. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until filling is heated through and top is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 350 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein .
Reviews for Broccoli Chicken Braid
"I get more compliments on this simple dish, than any I make for company suppers or potlucks"
"Didn't like it at all. My husband was excited for it while I was making it, but it failed!! Will not be making again."
"This is very good and not as difficult as it looks. I omit the green pepper and slivered almonds."
"I made this recipe this past weekend, it was GREAT! My family loved it. I tweaked it a little but basically stuck to the recipe."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.