I work outside the home, so I appreciate recipes like this that are fast and delicious. —Diane Wampler, Morristown, Tennessee
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise. Unroll both tubes of crescent roll dough into one long rectangle. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Roll into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Spoon chicken mixture down center third of dough.
- On each long side, cut eight strips about 3-1/2 in. into the center. bring one strip from each side over filling and pinch ends to seal; repeat. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until filling is heated through and top is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Chicken Braid in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p203
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Broccoli Chicken Braid
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review