- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat, cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Drain noodles; place in a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Stir in 1 cup sauce. Layer with the chicken, broccoli and remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Chicken Bake
Sort By :
"This is a good low calorie recipe. Made it exactly as written. Will make again."
"Double the sauce. Do not use frozen broccoli or precook it.Otherwise tasty and will make again. My kids really liked it"
"Very simple and very good. My 5 year old eventually ate it (with some coaxing) but my 2 1/2 year old wouldn't really eat it."
"Chicken broccoli bake is delicious and incredibly easy to make. It's one my family makes any time we have the time and we eat it all in one meal. It's a keeper for sure and going in my recipe box."
"Used fresh broccoli instead of frozen."