Broccoli Chicken Alfredo
What a fast and simple weeknight supper! This lighter take on Alfredo pasta offers all the comforting flavor families long for—but in a reduced-fat meal. Broccoli and whole wheat pasta boost nutrition. Terrie Fontenot - Fresno, Texas
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 cups Daily Chef Penne Rigate
Give flavor to your favorite Italian meals with premium Daily Chef Pasta.
Learn More >
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-fat Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli
- during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray,
- saute chicken until lightly browned. Add garlic; saute 1-2 minutes
- longer or until chicken is no longer pink and garlic is tender.
- Drain pasta mixture; add to the pan. Stir in the Alfredo sauce,
- cheese and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 470 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 599 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 39 g protein.