What a fast and simple weeknight supper! This lighter take on Alfredo pasta offers all the comforting flavor families long for—but in a reduced-fat meal. Broccoli and whole wheat pasta boost nutrition. Terrie Fontenot - Fresno, Texas
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-fat Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken until lightly browned. Add garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and garlic is tender.
- Drain pasta mixture; add to the pan. Stir in the Alfredo sauce, cheese and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Chicken Alfredo in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p53
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Broccoli Chicken Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review