Broccoli Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook cream and broccoli, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Stir 2 cups cheese and pepper into broccoli mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Drain tortellini; add to sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 678 calories, 46 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.