“When we lived in Seattle, my favorite restaurant served a wonderful dish I ordered every time I ate there. When we moved away, I came up with this to satisfy my craving.” Darlene Brenden - Salem, Oregon
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook cream and broccoli, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Stir 2 cups cheese and pepper into broccoli mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain tortellini; add to sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Cheese Tortellini in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Broccoli Cheese Tortellini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review