Broccoli Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook cream and broccoli, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Stir 2 cups cheese and pepper into broccoli mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain tortellini; add to sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Broccoli Cheese Tortellini(6)
Sort By :
This was super good and very quick. I think the whole prep time was about a half an hour at the very most. I'm not sure why the other reviewer had problems with her cheese not melting and clumping. Possibly the cream never got hot enough, as parmesan cheese is a bit harder to melt than other cheese. Either way, I bought cheap Kroger brand and it worked just as well as the expensive. This recipe is a keeper. Oh...once I put it on the plates, both my boyfriend and I felt it needed a bit of salt, which of course was easy to do.
My husband and I originally made this recipe as a freezer meal, however, I would NOT do that again! When we made it, it tastes AMAZING, we were in shock at how delicious is it was! It tasted as it if we just got served a dish at an Italian restaurant. After freezing and reheating, it tastes like a left over meal, not so delicious! That being said you must eat this meal fresh! As I am typing this review I have the ingredients in my kitchen to make this meal FRESH tonight! Amazing and simple recipe!!
Super awesome, super fast and easy.
Simple and delicious. I have made this a number of times and have been asked for the recipe each one. An easy addition to this dish is to cut one chicken breast into small chucks and cook it in a tbsp of oil before cooking the cream and broccoli. Set it aside and then add it back in after adding the cheese.
I have always loved this recipe. It's simple and quick to make, but OH SO YUMMY. It's one of the family favorites, my husband requests it quite often. I use dry parsley instead of fresh, and it tastes perfectly fine that way as well. I do also throw in some other seasonings/spices just to give it a different flavor every now and again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >