Broccoli Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook cream and broccoli, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Stir 2 cups cheese and pepper into broccoli mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain tortellini; add to sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Broccoli Cheese Tortellini(8)
Sort By :
Very good and easy! I sautéed the broccoli in some butter first to soften it up a bit more and added a little flour to thicken. I didn't add quite as much Parmesan cheese, but added a packet of pesto sauce toward the end. It turned out really good.
Note to self: Don't try to save on calories and fat by substituting fat-free half and half for the heavy cream. It doesn't turn out well. I didn't want to rate this recipe because I didn't follow the directions, and that wouldn't be fair to the original cook. The flavor is good. I used fresh parmesan and added chicken like Chef_Dad suggested. The parmesan globbed up and clung to the broccoli, instead of becoming part of the sauce. Could have something to do with my substitution, or maybe I added to much parmesan. A measurement in ounces for the cheese would be helpful. Don't know if I'll try this one again. Maybe yes, following it to the letter ;-)
This was super good and very quick. I think the whole prep time was about a half an hour at the very most. I'm not sure why the other reviewer had problems with her cheese not melting and clumping. Possibly the cream never got hot enough, as parmesan cheese is a bit harder to melt than other cheese. Either way, I bought cheap Kroger brand and it worked just as well as the expensive. This recipe is a keeper. Oh...once I put it on the plates, both my boyfriend and I felt it needed a bit of salt, which of course was easy to do.
My husband and I originally made this recipe as a freezer meal, however, I would NOT do that again! When we made it, it tastes AMAZING, we were in shock at how delicious is it was! It tasted as it if we just got served a dish at an Italian restaurant. After freezing and reheating, it tastes like a left over meal, not so delicious! That being said you must eat this meal fresh! As I am typing this review I have the ingredients in my kitchen to make this meal FRESH tonight! Amazing and simple recipe!!
Super awesome, super fast and easy.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >