After eating stuffed pizza at various Italian restaurants, I decided to come up with my own version. The filling is very rich and resembles broccoli lasagna.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 4 tablespoons oil, salt and enough flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. knead for 10 minutes. Divide in half. Roll each portion into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle; transfer each to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush one rectangle with remaining oil. Spread with ricotta cheese. Sprinkle with garlic powder and oregano. Layer with mozzarella cheese, broccoli and mushrooms. Invert remaining rectangle over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Bake at 400° for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli-Cheese Stuffed Pizza in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p10
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Broccoli-Cheese Stuffed Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review