Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
Carol Miller's creamy soup is always cause for lively conversation when she serves it to her family. "That's because I add different shaped pasta to the soup each time,"—Carol Miller, Rittman, Ohio
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups hot water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 6 cups milk
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the water, bouillon and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Stir until bouillon is dissolved. Add pasta and salt; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- 2. Add broccoli; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add milk and cheese; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 12-16 servings (4 quarts).
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Broccoli Cheese Soup
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2013
"Best soup ever!!!"
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2010
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC