- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic until tender. Stir in flour until blended; cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add the broccoli, tarragon, thyme and pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Add milk; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup until smooth. Return to pan and heat through (do not boil). Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese until melted. Sprinkle servings with remaining cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Cheese Soup for 2
"Very good! It was a bit thick so Im going to try adding more chicken broth (1 1/2 cups maybe) but I would defiantly recommended this recipe! I paired it with a BLT for a nice, light winter dinner."
"This is a delicious soup and VERY easy preparation. I doubled the recipe and had a bowl for lunch for 4 days!"