Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add carrots, broccoli and celery; cover and boil for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add flour and stir to make smooth paste. Gradually add chicken broth and milk. Cook until mixture thickens, about 8-10 minutes. Add vegetables; heat until tender. Add cheese; heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Broccoli Cheese Soup(20)
Sort By :
Quick and easy recipe for a lite lunch
Sounded delicious, so we tried it last night. It had no flavor, in spite of adding salt and pepper. We tried several bites and ended up throwing it away. It's too bad, because I love a good broccoli cheese soup.
Made this to use up some vegetables I had in the fridge. Was very happy with the results. I have passed some out to some friends. I will definitely make it again. Thanks. May put some in the freezer for later.
I love this soup. always make a double batch.
We usually make a double batch of this one. We use 1% milk and 2% Velveeta and it still turns out great. We add a little salt, peppercorn pepper and Cholula to give it a little more flavor. It freezes great!