Carol Miller's creamy soup is always cause for lively conversation when she serves it to her family. "That's because I add different shaped pasta to the soup each time,"—Carol Miller, Rittman, Ohio
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups hot water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 6 cups milk
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the water, bouillon and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Stir until bouillon is dissolved. Add pasta and salt; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add milk and cheese; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 12-16 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Broccoli Cheese Soup in Country Woman January/February 1996, p16
Reviews for Broccoli Cheese Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review