Broccoli-Cheese Noodle Soup
"My husband's aunt shared the recipe for this creamy soup, which tastes like you spent all day cooking," pens Trinity Nicholas from Mt.Carbon, West Virgina. "It's very filling with a salad and bread. We spoon the leftovers over baked potatoes."
4-5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 ounces angel hair pasta, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cook both the broccoli and pasta according to package directions;
- drain. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the water, milk and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Stir in the broccoli, pasta
- and sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 4-5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 325 calories, 23 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.