"My husband's aunt shared the recipe for this creamy soup, which tastes like you spent all day cooking," pens Trinity Nicholas from Mt.Carbon, West Virgina. "It's very filling with a salad and bread. We spoon the leftovers over baked potatoes."
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 ounces angel hair pasta, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cook both the broccoli and pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the water, milk and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Stir in the broccoli, pasta and sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli-Cheese Noodle Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p45
Reviews for Broccoli-Cheese Noodle Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review