Broccoli Cheese Crepes Recipe
this recipe from Jane Shapton is perfect to prepare for a special brunch or light dinner for two. The Irvine, California cook tucks a cheesy broccoli mixture into tender homemade crepes with delicious results.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- For batter, combine the eggs, water, flour and salt in a blender. Cover and process until smooth; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt until cheese is melted. Stir in broccoli. Cover; keep warm.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 filled crepes.
Originally published as Broccoli Cheese Crepes in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p39
Reviews for Broccoli Cheese Crepes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2011
These are really good. I served them with the Tuna Shell Salad in the same issue.