Broccoli Cheese Crepes Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1. For batter, combine the eggs, water, flour and salt in a blender. Cover and process until smooth; let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt until cheese is melted. Stir in broccoli. Cover; keep warm.
- 3. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed.
- 4. Spoon about 1/2 cup filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 filled crepes.
3 each: 560 calories, 32g fat (20g saturated fat), 304mg cholesterol, 1398mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 7g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Cheese Crepes
"These are really good. I served them with the Tuna Shell salad in the same issue."