Broccoli-Cheese Corn Bread
This moist corn bread, which relies on convenient muffin mix and frozen broccoli, is a breeze to whip up anytime. "It's especially good in the winter with a steaming bowl of soup," relates Charlotte McDaniel of Anniston, Alabama.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a bowl, combine eggs, butter and salt. Stir in corn bread mix just
- until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a
- greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 217 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.