- 1-3/4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in onion and cheddar cheese until cheese is melted. Drain broccoli; stir into cheese sauce.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Cheese Bake
"This was easy to make . I didn't bake it but simmered on the top of the stove. The sauce was really thick and needed to be thinned out a bit. Could have used a bit more salt. Simmering the broccoli for 3-5 minutes was too much. The broccoli was mushy. Next time I'll simmer only 2 min."
"I thought this was a great side dish. The sauce was thick and creamy and I did cut back on the onion a bit but over all easy and great."
"Did not care for this at all. The onion overwhelmed the broccoli and, contrary to ConnieK, we found the sauce too runny."
"This was good. The sauce came out thicker than I expected, could use more liquid in it. May add a little chicken broth the next time I make it."
"LOVE this recipe!!!"
"This recipe was good, but nothing special. It works though if you're just looking for a standard broccoli cheese recipe."