Here’s a handy and versatile side that’s creamy, colorful and bursting with flavor and nutrition. Pair it with almost any entree for a terrific meal. —Deborah Patrauchuk, Sicamous, British Columbia
- 1-3/4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in onion and cheddar cheese until cheese is melted. Drain broccoli; stir into cheese sauce.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Cheese Bake in Healthy Cooking December/January 2011, p51
Reviews for Broccoli Cheese Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review