- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place in greased mini-muffin cups. Using floured fingers, press evenly onto bottoms and up sides of cups.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine egg, condensed soup, milk and mayonnaise; stir in cheese and cooked broccoli. Spoon about 1 tablespoon filling into each cup. For topping, mix bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over filling.
Bake 18-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool in pans 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Serve warm.
To Make Ahead: Dough can be made 2 days in advance. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, reheat pastries on ungreased baking sheets in a preheated 350° oven 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Broccoli-Cheddar Tassies in Taste of Home December 2015, p45
Reviews for Broccoli-Cheddar Tassies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review