Broccoli-Cheddar Hash Browns
Need a new go-to comfort food? Hash browns will fit the bill. This gooey combo of tender potatoes and broccoli pairs well with a wide variety of entrees.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the hash browns,
- broccoli, 3/4 cup cheese and onions.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth;
- gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or
- until thickened. Stir in the soup, salt and mustard. Pour over
- potato mixture; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or
- until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 8 servings.