Broccoli Cheddar Casserole Recipe
- 8 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute broccoli and onion in butter until crisp-tender; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and 1-3/4 cups of the cheese. Stir in the broccoli mixture, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; set in a large pan filled with 1 in. of hot water.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Broccoli Cheddar Casserole(20)
Sort By :
This is an excellent dish. It really is just an egg bake. If you read the igredients you would gather that. I usually serve it for breakfast or lunch a long with toast and sausage. If you are terribly concerned about the fat content then cut it down! I just made this today sautéing the broccoli in 2 T of butter and covering the skillet to help the broccoli steam. I usually use 1 percent milk but had skim this week and used that. I sprinkled with cheese not using the whole amount but the pan was still covered with it and added a little chopped bacon. This is wonderful and healthy. You would never know the difference. My 11 year old son asks for this often. Try lightening it up see if you can tell a difference.
I halved this for my husband and I. He didn't care for it, but I really liked it! Would be good for a brunch, I think.
Cut this in half for my wife and I. She took one bite and didn't care for it. I thought it was ok but I'd rather get the fat and cholesterol from something with a bit more flavor and half the labor. Will probably take the rest for coworkers.
Sorry it didn't work for me. Well not make again.
This sounds good, but how can I cut this down to serve only two people? All the children are gone so it's just my husband and I . Any suggestions would be oh so helpful.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Broccoli Casserole >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >
- Taste of Home Magazine Brunch Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Side Dishes >
- Vegetable Side Dishes >
- Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes >
- Vegetarian Brunch Recipes >
- Vegetarian Dinner Recipes >
- Vegetarian Main Dishes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Side Dishes >