We're lucky to have fresh fruits and vegetables year-round. I put bountiful Arizona broccoli to great use in this rich side dish. Even those who don't care for broccoli finish off big helpings. — Carol Strickland, Yuma, Arizona
- 8 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute broccoli and onion in butter until crisp-tender; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and 1-3/4 cups of the cheese. Stir in the broccoli mixture, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; set in a large pan filled with 1 in. of hot water.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Cheddar Casserole in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p9
Reviews for Broccoli Cheddar Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review