Broccoli-Cheddar Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper to taste
- 1. Scrub and pierce potato. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the broccoli, mushrooms and pimientos in oil until vegetables are tender; set aside.
- 2. When potato is cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- 3. In a small bowl, mash the pulp. Stir in 2 tablespoons cheese, yogurt, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper. Stir in broccoli mixture. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 226 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Broccoli-Cheddar Baked Potatoes
"Make this all the time!"