This hearty side dish will bring good taste and a dash of holiday color to any table, promises Mary Bauer in Wichita, Kansas. “It’s great with almost any entree.” TIP: Adding a cup of leftover diced chicken to the vegetables makes this a quick lunch or meal-in-itself, suggests Mary.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper to taste
- Scrub and pierce potato. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the broccoli, mushrooms and pimientos in oil until vegetables are tender; set aside.
- When potato is cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp. Stir in 2 tablespoons cheese, yogurt, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper. Stir in broccoli mixture. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli-Cheddar Baked Potatoes in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p51
Reviews forBroccoli-Cheddar Baked Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2010
"Make this all the time!"