This hearty side dish will bring good taste and a dash of holiday color to any table, promises Mary Bauer in Wichita, Kansas. “It’s great with almost any entree.” TIP: Adding a cup of leftover diced chicken to the vegetables makes this a quick lunch or meal-in-itself, suggests Mary.
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper to taste
- Scrub and pierce potato. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the broccoli, mushrooms and pimientos in oil until vegetables are tender; set aside.
- When potato is cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp. Stir in 2 tablespoons cheese, yogurt, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper. Stir in broccoli mixture. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli-Cheddar Baked Potatoes in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p51
Reviews for Broccoli-Cheddar Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2010
"Make this all the time!"