Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad Recipe
Not sure whether to make bean salad or broccoli salad for the occasion? I like to serve this refreshing combination as a side dish or as a vegetarian entree. —Brenda Huff, Hotchkiss, Colorado
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower, broccoli, onion and celery. Stir in kidney beans and pimientos. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC