Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
For a crunchy side dish, why not try this salad? With crisp vegetables and crumbled bacon, this salad's a popular one at fund-raiser dinners.Janet Les, Chilliwack, British Columbia
100 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 pounds broccoli, cut into florets
- 5 pounds cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1-2/3 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 6 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2-1/2 pounds sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 pounds cheddar cheese, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower and onions. Combine
- mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar; pour over vegetables 1 hour before
- serving. Chill. Just before serving, add bacon and cheese; toss.
- Yield: 100 (1/2-cup) servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 160 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.