Not sure whether to make bean salad or broccoli salad for the occasion? I like to serve this refreshing combination as a side dish or as a vegetarian entree. —Brenda Huff, Hotchkiss, Colorado
Featured In: 20 Ways to Cook with Cauliflower
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower, broccoli, onion and celery. Stir in kidney beans and pimientos. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p198
Reviews for Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2014
"Excellent, but l didn't put the beans in. Going to a pot luck with a lot of older women so thought May be a bit much in the possible gas department. Really good. Janet"