Broccoli Cauliflower Combo Recipe
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 38 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Broccoli Cauliflower Combo
"I am always looking for new ways to make broccoli and cauliflower so I decided to try this. It was easy to make. It smelled delicious while cooking. The finished product was just so so. My husband liked it so I will probably make it again. I may tweek the ingredients a little though. I liked the method of cooking I just wanted it to taste different. I don't really like basil so that was probably the culprit."
"Made this recipe for Christmas dinner and everyone loved it even people who claimed to normally not like broccoli or cauliflower!"