“Most slaw has too much sugar and fat for us, so I came up with this lighter alternative,” relates Becca Brasfield of Burns, Tennessee. “Everyone says it’s the best slaw they’ve ever had.” The refreshing side is ready in a dash and can chill until noontime.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, onion, cauliflower and broccoli. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Add to coleslaw and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Cauliflower Coleslaw in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p27
Reviews for Broccoli Cauliflower Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review