Even people who aren't particularly fond of broccoli and cauliflower can't resist this tempting soup. On busy days, you'll appreciate its ease of preparation.
- 3 quarts water
- 8 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 packages (10 ounce each) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflowerets
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add broccoli and cauliflower; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the soup, cheese, thyme and pepper; simmer for 20 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 18-20 servings (about 5-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Broccoli-Cauliflower Cheese Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p35
Reviews for Broccoli-Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review