- 3 quarts water
- 8 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 packages (10 ounce each) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflowerets
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add broccoli and cauliflower; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the soup, cheese, thyme and pepper; simmer for 20 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 18-20 servings (about 5-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Broccoli-Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Sort By :
"Hello, Donalee, I would like to make this soup for my family. It sounds delicious and I, too have fresh broccoli and cauliflower that I would like to use. My question to you is, did you have to alter any of the directions, especially the cooking time, when you used fresh, rather than frozen? Also, I am more interested in using my crockpot in place of a dutch oven. Thanks for your time."
"I MADE THIS SOUP TODAY FOR OUR SUPPER TONIGHT.IT WAS DELICIOUS. THERE WAS A LOT OF PREP WORK BECAUSE I USED FRESH BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER BUT IT WAS WORTH IT. LOW CALORIE TOO. WILL MAKE THIS AGAIN."
"Tasty but too watery. Next time, I'd decrease the water, add more cheese & maybe add another can of cream of chicken soup to give it a creamier texture."
"Made this for a lunch, it turned out great. well making again but will half it. thanks"
"This recipe sounds good and it's easy! I like the fact that it includes nutrition info."