Broccoli-Cauliflower Cheese Bake Recipe
Creamy mozzarella and Swiss cheeses create the base for these tasty veggies, while a hint of cayenne pepper gives them a kick guests will adore. —Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
- 7 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1. Place cauliflower and broccoli in a Dutch oven; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt, nutmeg, cayenne and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Stir in 1-1/4 cups each mozzarella and Swiss cheeses until melted. Pour over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 16 servings.
3/4 cup equals 132 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 high-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC